- We already do lot of things in our school that helps us to be eco-friendly.
Here are just a few:
- Members from our Year 6 school council lead our school eco-committee.
- Posters around school to remind us to recycle paper and to turn off taps and lights.
- Recycle our paper.Lots of junk modelling.
- Using ParentMail for school communications has saved us over 10,000 pieces of paper.
- Reduce the amount of paper we use by saving our work instead of printing.
- Collect stamps to support a kidney charity.
- Fruit peel and cores, etc... are fed to animals or put in Early Years' compost bin.
- Grass cuttings are left on site and collected into mounds to make hedgehog homes.
- Vegetable plot in the Early Years garden.
- Wildlife walk along the bottom of our field in the environment area.
- Sensory Garden at the front of our school.
- Bird table, box and bath.
- Sun protection - sun cream, hats and shade.
- Staff use fair trade tea and coffee.
- Second-hand school uniform sales.
- Collecting shoes and clothes for Planet Aid.
- Operation Christmas Child.
- Collect clothes, books and shoes for the K.I.S.S. Project in Uganda.
- Year 1 and 2 organise a toy sale every year to re-use old toys - all the money raise is given to charity.
- Environmental expert has led talks about how to use the school grounds for teaching and learning.
- R.S.P.B. workshop for Years 1, 2 and 3.
- Wheelbarrow Workshop for Year 3.
- Using our outside environment as our classroom.
We follow Jesus as we learn, play and pray together