You are here: Our Ethos » Chaplaincy Team
The roles of our Chaplaincy team include the following:
• To help the school to be a community of faith.
• To encourage the pupils to live their faith in daily living.
• To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
• To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
• To involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
• To continue to develop strong links with the Parish and community.
• To support the school in its Vision and Mission Statement.
In order to fulfil these roles; our chaplaincy team will…
• Help to prepare weekly Collective Worship assemblies and ‘Saints Day’ celebrations.
• Organise charity fund-raising events.
• Provide weekly ‘Thought for the Week’ which is posted in each classroom.
• Suggest ideas for RE resources.
• Help to lead assemblies.
• Work with other Chaplaincy Teams.
The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team…
1. Listen to each other’s ideas.
2. Communicate with all the team members, school and parish.
3. Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and to try their best.
4. Include everyone when making decisions.
5. Lead by example, love everyone especially people you don’t get on with.